Siding is actually a method of installing plates and boards to reduce the possible damage to the walls as much as possible. In this method, separate strip plates, with defined widths and variable lengths, are connected to each other by various methods such as threads and grooves or grooves embedded in the plates and finally form a single surface. On the desired wall, for each specified distance, a column is considered so that the panels can be screwed to it. Based on the way the boards are arranged by siding, the penetration of any material inside is prevented and the shell and the outer layer of the building are completely protected. The siding method is a popular method for villas, cottages, and barracks. This method is also used for temperate and humid areas or areas with high rainfall. One of the best building materials is aluminum siding facade panels.
Siding can be used for any type of material, but the focus of this article is mostly on aluminum siding.
Aluminum siding categories
The division of aluminum siding can be in terms of appearance, the material used, and brand. The brand that produces these types of panels can easily be creative in the composition and design, and in general the production of siding panels. Due to the variety of raw materials and production methods, as well as how the panels are mounted on top of each other, each producer company can offer a new product with a new brand. Alumtech Bond has provided a wide range of aluminum siding with superior material in Toronto during the last years. Company`s designers and experts focused on this variety to meet clients’ demands as well.
There are three types of styling methods for arranging tape panels in the siding method. Siding arrangements can create parallel vertical lines or parallel horizontal lines on the desired surface. A horizontal arrangement is more suitable for areas with heavy rainfalls because it transmits water flow downwards and does not damage the wall by preventing water from settling. There is also a third type called shaker, which puts together a panel and a network of panel pieces. This type of arrangement is mostly used in small buildings, and in large buildings on a partial basis and for specific areas of exterior walls.
Special aluminum attributes for application in buildings and architecture
Depending on weather conditions and other factors, aluminum panels can be one of the best choices. These points are more evident in the construction and architecture industry. The following are some of the cases:
- Due to the low power of radiation and low aluminum reflection in order to receive high heating of the building, it can be effective for keeping the building temperature moderate and constant. Of course, the color of the aluminum panel cover matters in this case indeed.
- These panels are environmentally friendly. The aluminum siding itself is completely recyclable and up to 67% of recycled materials are made. In addition, to recycle aluminum products, only 5% of the energy required to produce them is needed.
- Access to aluminum is easily possible
- Aluminum is naturally anti-corrosion, making it one of the most popular choices for construction projects. In addition, it is anti-rot and mold and does not provide a suitable environment for the growth of various fungi, molds, and bacteria. In this regard, it is a perfect alternative to the natural wood material in humid areas.
- Aluminum acts as an energy insulator and is effective in controlling the cost of maintaining heating and cooling energy.
- In very cold areas, there is a risk of cracking and brittleness for other raw materials used, which leads to water entering the cracks and causing further problems. However, the siding of the aluminum panel is not affected by low temperatures and does not crack.
- These panels are not only insect resistant, but also an insect repellent. By installing these siding, all the costs of spraying and removing insects are kept.
- Due to its low weight and ease of installation of aluminum siding panels, it is expensive to install
- No special maintenance is required and washable easily
- They are lightweight and high in strength in comparison to other materials such as steel, and this is in favor of weight control of the structure.
- The variety of facings in the colors and textures of these panels has made them a popular material for facades of buildings and structures. Even the traditional and old facade can be applied with these materials. In addition, it is possible to change the appearance of this facade by painting.
In addition to all the advantages mentioned above in these panels, aluminum siding made it possible to cover the wall evenly and create an integrated surface that is in accordance with the concerns of modern architecture. These integrated facades are still used for buildings with modern architecture, along with various looks and colors. Aluminum siding is one of the ways in which the facade of any building can be upgraded. It also reinforced the perspective point of view of the building from the perspective of the facade by parallel vertical or horizontal siding lines.
Possibility of painting Aluminum Siding Facade Panels
Since aluminum siding is used in the exterior of buildings, it is faced with a variety of natural destructive factors, and as a result, it may lose its original appearance over a long period of time. But painting can replace the old look with a new one. It is also responsible for changing and creating diversity.
In this regard, after cleaning the siding, and leveling the surfaces, the aluminum siding is ready to be painted with its dyeing power.
A brief overview of the popularity of aluminum siding
Aluminum siding became very popular in the 1940s. Reasonable price, high durability, and the best feature; Easy storage, and care conditions were counted as great features in this product. But in the 1970s, the energy crisis raised the price of materials incredibly, including aluminum. This position led manufacturers to use other raw materials, but in recent years, aluminum facades have again attracted attention. Their industrial appearance was in line with the standards of the time. In addition, along with the smooth and transparent design of the contemporary, it was available in a wide variety. That’s why siding, like aluminum siding, is still very popular. For a long time, aluminum panels were an alternative to other materials, such as wood, because they were easier to maintain and less expensive.
What Is The Difference Between Aluminum Cladding and Siding?
Your home’s exterior is the first thing that makes a massive impact on people’s opinion and first impression, so it is essential to create a building facade that is functional, efficient, and beautiful. To do this, you have two choices: aluminum cladding or sidings. Many think aluminum siding facade panels are the same as aluminum cladding. However, some differences between them are crucial to know.
Applications of Aluminum Siding Facade and Aluminum Siding
The aluminum siding facade panels are installed directly into your external wall system. On the other hand, aluminum claddings are primarily used for the outer section of your home’s insulated walls.
Quality aluminum claddings are furred out from the exterior paneling and create a drainage plane, but most aluminum sidings do not have a gap between the panels and the walls.
Aluminum siding facade panels are perfect for industrial facilities and can be used for homes that require unique designs. Aluminum claddings such as aluminum composite panels are mostly used for commercial and residential facilities. With this said, you can understand that aluminum sidings and claddings also have differences in style ad designs.
Since there are many differences between aluminum siding facade panels and claddings, we recommend you read and learn more about Siding vs. Cladding.
Aluminum Siding Facade Panels Installation
If you want to have a functional and efficient aluminum siding facade, you need to know how to install them perfectly. There are some essential tools and equipment you need to have for installing aluminum siding panels.
Equipment and Tools for Installing Aluminum Siding Facade Panels
- Utility Knife: You need to use a utility knife to cut, trim, and score aluminum siding panels. Since aluminum is more flexible than other metals, cutting and fabricating the panels will be easier.
- Tin Snips: It is recommended to use tin snips and quality compound supplies for a faster and more efficient siding cutting process.
- Snap Locks: The best tools are snap locks when it comes to punching lungs in the cutting edges of the sidings. These aluminum siding panel installation tools are perfect for finishing the top section of the boards and underneath the windows.
- Slot Punch: Since contraction and expansion occur in the metal panels during different seasons, the aluminum siding facade panels require hole elongation. So, it would help if you used a nail hole punch to create holes for attachment and freedom for contraction and expansion.
- Detaching Tools: Many homeowners want to replace old sidings with new products. So, they need to remove the old ones, and to do so, they will have to use detaching tools.
Installing aluminum siding facade panels requires years of practice and experience. However, we have provided a complete guide on How to Install Aluminum Sidings for those who want to learn the process and do it without hiring professionals. In our comprehensive guide, you will learn the pre-installation measurements and steps you need to take for the best results.
Aluminum Siding Facade Panels Require Insulation
Although aluminum siding facade panels are precious materials for modern buildings, they have some drawbacks, and the most crucial one is that they require insulation.
There are various aluminum siding insulation methods that you can use to create an efficient building facade, including:
- Blow-In Insulation
- Rigid Foam Insulation
- Adding Flat Rigid Insulation
- Sprayed-On Foam Insulation Method
Each insulation method offers unique benefits and challenges. You can also combine all of these methods to create the best building facade possible with traditional and modern aluminum sidings.
If you want your aluminum siding facade panels to be as energy-efficient and sound insulating as possible, read more about aluminum siding insulation methods.
More Aluminum Siding Facade Panels Inspection
Aluminum siding panels inspection is one of the most important things that any homeowner should do before buying and using the panels for their home’s facade.
To inspect the advantages and disadvantages of aluminum sidings appropriately, you should know them.
Advantages of Aluminum Siding Facade Panels
- Aluminum sidings are lightweight, and installing them is not so costly.
- Aluminum siding facade panels are durable and can last long.
- Modern aluminum sidings are corrosions resistant.
- Aluminum siding panels are fireproof.
Disadvantages of Aluminum Sidings
- Traditional sidings can be dent easily.
- Aluminum sidings require repainting.
- Aluminum siding panels are not perfect insulators.
Aluminum sidings have more advantages and disadvantages that it is better for you to know. Additionally, if you want to inspect the metal panels like a professional, we have provided some pro tips about aluminum siding panels inspection in our guidelines.