Longboard sidings have become one of the most popular alternatives for exterior cladding systems over the years. These metal siding materials are premium architectural and constructional grade aluminum wood grain, commonly used for modern commercial and residential buildings. Due to the various designs and building altitudes, aluminum longboard sidings require a custom order for each application. These materials are the perfect cladding solutions for facilities in Toronto. Using these systems allows homeowners to achieve all of the beauty and richness of wood sidings without regular maintenance. Many building material suppliers and manufacturers offer aluminum longboard sidings for a maintenance-free alternative to natural wood.
Advantages List of Longboard Sidings
Aluminum itself is a highly beneficial substance due to its physical properties. This material is lightweight and considerably strong, resistant to corrosion, and does not become brittle at low temperatures. The only drawback of pure aluminum plates is their raw appearance. However, architects can create an aesthetically pleasing look for modern buildings by using them thanks to longboard sidings.
- Providing the Classic Look of Wood: Some people prefer to use aluminum cladding materials for creating modern aesthetics. However, these materials can give a stern look to the facility. Thus, longboard sidings with their natural wood-looking appearance solve this issue. These modern sidings add a traditional look to the contemporary buildings while providing all the benefits of aluminum.
- High Durability: Durability is the number one problem with most traditional cladding materials. For instance, wood sidings get damaged when exposed to external elements such as humidity, rain, winds, and more over time. As a result, wood cladding boards can peel and warp, giving them a worn-out look and gives the building facade a tired appearance. Aluminum longboard sidings are resistant to all of the external elements, and they are powder-coated to feature better resistance against weathering. Over time, these materials retain their look, and the facility looks as good as the day builders had the materials installed.
- Longboard Sidings do not Require Much Maintenance: With most traditional building cladding materials, homeowners have to perform regular maintenance on them or risk compromising their beauty and quality. The same is for aluminum longboard sidings. However, they will not require much care. Depending on the building’s location, the building facade will need cleanings to prevent the buildup of stains or dirt and other particles that float in the air. A soft brush or a sponge with some water is all needed for cleaning longboard sidings surfaces. However, it is essential to avoid using cleaning agents as they can corrode and damage the aesthetic finish. If anyone wants to use them, they should make sure to do spot tests first. Avoiding other tools such as pressure water, steel wool, abrasive pads, or other harsh substances is essential as they can eat away the perfect finish of the cladding material. Longboards will last for decades easily if appropriately maintained.
- Fire-Resistant Characteristics: Modern building regulations and codes require fire resistance properties of building cladding materials for safety. Longboard sidings feature fire-resistant characteristics like ACM panels (aluminum composite panels or materials). On the other hand, wood materials are always vulnerable to fire. Thus, by using these building materials, the facade of the buildings looks like it is made of wood, but it is surrounded by metal which will protect the facility from catching fire.
- Longboards do not Rot: Aluminum is obviously not an organic material, unlike wood. This means that the homeowners should not worry about it succumbing to rot, as this material will not absorb moisture and grow mold. Even if these cladding materials somehow get spores on them, it will be inconsequential, and it is possible to clean them without any damage to the metal underneath simply. This unique characteristic of aluminum longboard sidings gets rid of most financial worries, such as pest control.
- Versatility, Styles, and Colors Variety: Architects can create a limitless look for their projects due to the various styles and colors available for longboard sidings. Additionally, these materials can be installed vertically or horizontally, making them the perfect material for the building facade system.
- Recyclability: The other beneficial characteristic of these functional building materials is that they are entirely recyclable, making them one of the eco-friendly materials available in the market. This means, even if there is no further need for the material, homeowners can recycle them and use them for other projects.