In today’s world, the application of modern elements in architecture has increased and one of the most attractive products used in interior and exterior designs is wooden composite panels. In general, the application of wood makes a stunning impression on the audience, so young designers in recent years have made a significant use of wood in the design of the facade of buildings as well as interior decoration. In addition to the facade of buildings, this type of composite is applied in flooring and wall coverings for interior decoration due to its variety.
Utilization of wooden composite panels
The main factor in choosing wood as flooring and wall covering for interior and exterior design of buildings is the feeling of warmth that seeing wood is for the audience. In other words, in addition to making a difference in appearance, wood exterior induces a warming feeling in observers. Therefore, young architects, by choosing wooden composite panels, try to reduce the material coldness of other non-wooden facades and make people see the warmer scenery.
Among the applications of wooden facing composite panels in buildings, we can mention the exterior of residential houses to office and commercial buildings plus:
- Inside restaurants or even the exterior of restaurants or shopping malls
- Homemade flooring and various designs and colors of wooden composite panel as wall covering or flooring
- As false ceilings, doors and windows, decor and partitions inside houses or office buildings
- In the exterior of the car cabin, all kinds of billboards, the interior of the shops as well as the kitchen walls
Advantages of using wooden facing panels
Each facade has a specific outstanding application and has its advantages and disadvantages, but it must be noted that in today’s modern lifestyle, usually due to the attraction and, obviously, the variety of colors and designs that various types of composite panels have, which is clearly in this article, most architects and builders of buildings, whether administrative, residential or commercial, try to utilize them instead of iron and metal, depending on the components and user advantages that these composites have. In this article, we have specifically gone to the wooden composite panels and review the advantages of using wood paneling composites:
- High strength and durability
- High execution speed along with low cost
- Anti-erosion and decay
- Composite sheet of wood facade is resistant to insects
- Due to its non-organic nature, wood facade composite is not affected by the sun’s ultraviolet rays, unlike wood.
- It is much more affordable than wood.
- Has high resistance to temperature.
- Much more affordable prices, along with the variety of colors and attraction, are among the advantages of this exterior.
- It should also be noted that composite wood facade panels are earthquake resistant because they are very light.
- Over time, the color of these products does not change.
- Composite wooden panels have premium quality and on the other hand, they can be easily replaced by wood facades in old architecture and decorations.
- If part of the composite facade of the wooden panel suffers any damage, there is no need to replace the entire panel, but only the specific section can be replaced or repaired easily.
- The process of installing and implementing wood panel composites is very convenient and fast.
- There is a type of resin on the surface of these wooden composite panels that prevents the absorption of dust.
- Resins used on the composite surface of wood panels reduce the need for frequent washing.
- Smooth and uniform surface is another feature of this composite wooden panel.
- Due to the space left behind during installation, wood panel composite sheets can also be a good sound insulator.
- The presence of polyethylene layer and sealing is another property of this panel composite.
Types of composite wood facade panels
You may be familiar with a few words, such as thermowood and HPL. It is safe to say that these two models are another variety of wood paneling composite application that young manufacturers usually try to use in constructions as exterior or interior facades.
Thermowood, a wooden facade that is usually made of wood and has a very high resistance. Thermowood is processed under water vapor pressure and dried air circulation at temperatures between 185 and 218 centigrade. On the other hand, since no chemical or industrial materials are used in the production of this wood, it is highly compatible with nature. Also, in addition to nature, thermodes are compatible with metal materials and do not cause rust or corrosion and decay of metals. These wood facades are not toxic at all and are also resistant to insects due to their high heat production and construction.
The HPL wood facade actually stands for High Pressure Laminate. Sheets of wood veneers or various designs made from a combination of cellulose layers and phenolic resins. Also, these wooden facades, after being exposed to very high temperatures and high temperatures, are transformed into strong plates, which are used in the facade of the building and the various applications it has. It goes without saying that these layers have different advantages in different color ranges such as color variety, durability and high chemical resistance and high adhesion strength, which can be used in interior and exterior of buildings, home decoration and office buildings. He mentioned commercial and residential; Other applications of this wood facade panel include its use in sanitary services, hospitals, laboratories, elevators, making wooden cabinets, pool lacquers to locker rooms.
The difference between composite wood facade panels and aluminum composite panels
In this article, we did a review specifically about the wood paneling composite. Regarding the composite panels, it is important to note that the composite panels are also divided into several categories, including wooden composite panels, aluminum composite panel and stone panel composite. But regarding the difference between the composite panel of wooden facade and the composite panel of aluminum facade, it should be noted that wooden composite panel consist of a layer of laminate sheets, as aluminum composite panel sheets use three layers of laminated colored coating on the aluminum surface, while aluminum composite panel sheets of three layers of coating include two sheets. It is made of aluminum and a layer of polyethylene. Finally, the outer layer of this model of composites is made of a resin lining and a PVDF layer to stabilize the color.